Please Download these forms to view:
Membership Overview and Rules: SCCHA Membership Overview _ Rules 2022.pdf
Trainer Policy: Trainer Policy 2022.pdf
Liability Release Waiver: SCCHA Liability Release Waiver 2022.pdf
Membership Overview & Rules (Updated 2022)
1. Members have many wonderful privileges, including the use of the showgrounds, arena, camping, access to the member roster, use of the arena with their trainers (who are also a member), reduced rates for events, hall and arena rentals, free ads in the newsletter, and of course, socializing at the hall with other members/guests as well as voting privileges to help direct the future of the organization.
2. The membership year is January 1 through December 31.
3. Payment for Annual membership renewal is due February 15 each year. Membership is delinquent if not paid by March 1st.
4. The cost of a New Membership on or after June 30th is one-half (1/2) price.
5. New Member Process: To qualify, you must attend three (3) events within a year, have a sponsor, be voted into the club by the Board of Directors, and pay the membership dues within 30 days. SCCHA wants to make sure you meet people, feel welcomed, and are integrated into the group. If you want to become a member, but don’t know an existing member, simply contact the membership director or come to the welcome desk at a monthly General Meeting or an event. You will be introduced to a person who will guide you through the process.
6. Reinstating a Prior Member: SCCHA encourages their members to stay current. A prior member can reinstate their membership with this process:
MEMBERSHIP TYPES AND VOTING RIGHTS
◆ Single Membership: One person 18 or over. (One Vote)
◆ Family Membership: 2 adults and dependents under 18 residing at a single household. (One vote each adult members)
◆ Junior Membership: This membership is for an individual under 18, who is not already part of a family membership. Junior must be accompanied by an adult member to participate in riding activities. (No Vote)
◆ Honorary Membership: An honorary member shall be voted into such capacity by the Board of Directors. It is a form of recognition by the Association for a specific contribution or extraordinary service within the past year of their membership. (One Vote)
◆ Lifetime Membership: A lifetime member shall be voted into such capacity by the Board of Directors. A lifetime member is awarded membership without paying dues for his/her life. The award may not be transferred or passed on to another family member. A nominee for Lifetime membership must have been a distinguished member for at least 25 continuous years and have made significant contributions by establishing a tradition of giving in one or more of the following areas: financial, professional or other services. (One Vote)
SHOWGROUNDS ACCESS & KEYS
CAMPING & ARENA GUESTS
A Guest must be accompanied by an adult member. It is the responsibility of the Member to ensure that Guests know and follow the Rules, complete the Liability Release Waiver, and collect the fees.
Liability Release Waiver (Print from Website): Guests with horse activities must sign a Liability Release Waiver.
Guests visiting for the day (Not Camping): Guests with horse activities pay a day use fee of $20, unless the fee is already paid within a specific Event/Rental.
Guests Camping: For each night stay, a Guest pays a camping fee of $10/person plus $15/horse. NOTE: Camping Guests do not pay additional day use fees.
Fees & Liability Release Waiver: The Adult member is responsible for collecting fees and ensuring the Liability Release Waiver is signed and given to the Treasurer or dropped in the lockbox located on the side of the Snack shack. Cash or checks payable to SCCHA. You can also pay online, via credit card, through the website Store.
GENERAL ASSOCIATION RULES
ADDITIONAL RULES GOVERNING HORSE CAMPING
1. Camping is exclusively for Members and Guests who remain overnight with their horses. You must have a horse in your group to camp.
2. Member’s camp free. Guests pay horse camping fees outlined in the Guest Section
3. Camping is confined to the area Southwest of the arena. (In front of the Paddocks.)
4. Minimize noise after 10pm. Generators may operate between 6am and 10pm
5. Bring your own: table and chairs; wheelbarrows/forks for manure management.
6. Dry camping only (no water or electrical hookups).
7. Water: There is non-potable water available for the horses; minimize the use of club water; bring your own personal drinking/cooking water.
8. Schedule Camping with Hall Rental Director Sandie Quinones (408) 927-6647.
Please adhere to the SCCHA Trainer Policy posted on the SCCHA website.
OFFENSES/RULES SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP
The following Offenses are Cause for Immediate Loss of Membership and Expulsion from the Showgrounds:
1. Person Engaging in Verbal or Physical Abuse
2. Behavior Deemed Severe by a Majority of Board Members
RULE REMEDIATION AND COMPLIANCE
The SCCHA Board of Directors reserves the right to revoke membership (without refund) and/or deny entrance to Showgrounds if any person or group/event does not comply with these rules. In case of a dispute, members may contact the Board of Directors to interpret a rule or arbitrate the dispute. Rules are enforced as follows:
1st Offense: Offender receives a letter with the broken rule highlighted from the rules.
2nd Offense: Offender receives a letter and must appear before the Board of Directors to discuss the issue. If the Offender doesn’t respond, they will lose membership privileges.
3rd Offense: Offender loses all membership privileges.